Dedicated to the provision of Quality Care and Support
We take the time to listen to your needs offering tailored elderly care in the comfort of your own home. Our aim is to help you maintain your independence and lifestyle with the support of flexible care.
“Our customer’s wellbeing is an essential part of our service. We offer social clubs providing interests and companionship maintaining their social engagements out of the home” - Phil Turvey
Taking care of you
Our professional care team provide companionship and support offering:
- Home help
- Respite care
- Emergency care
- Dementia care
- Palliative care
Care assessment & risk assessment
We evaluate your home care needs, working alongside you and your family to develop a care plan that you are happy with. Our team will visit you at home and discuss the difficulties you have; and look for ways to offer support and companionship both inside the home and outside in the wider community as part of our care assessment.
Your Personal Care and Support Plan
Following your care assessment we develop a care and support plan with you detailing all the support you need, from personal care and home help to providing regular trips out, shopping, and taking an active part in the community.
Tailored to your personal needs your First Choice Home Care and Support Plan includes:
- What home care you require
- How often you will receive help
- What extra support you require – trips out etc
- Your carers profile
- First Choice Home Care team contact details
- Agreed home care start date
- Branch contact details and opening hours
- Statement of purpose
- Service users guide
Your Care Plan
- About you – your personal details
- Health issues/concerns
- Aspirations and outcomes
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Personal Care
- Risk Assessments
- Consent of care
- Individual specific information leaflets
- Feedback forms
Local homecare support in your area
We offer homecare throughout Norfolk and Suffolk with branches in Harleston, Halesworth and Snetterton. As a local independent care agency we take pride in being part of the local community with fundraising charity events, clubs and coffee mornings. First Choice Home Care offer social services care and private-funded packages across East Anglia.
We are flexible, responsive, person centred and always consider and respect all individual’s dignity, independence and choices. We work very closely with all stakeholders and professionals to ensure a solution focused approach and person-centred approach, is taken and that all care is outcome-focused. It is important to FCHC to be as flexible as possible to ensure increasing complex needs are accommodated allowing our Service Users to remain independent for as long as possible - First Choice Home Care
- Caring – compassionate support and social care services
- Trustworthy – providing professional standards with integrity
- Teamwork – working together with dignity & respect
- Accountable - professional, honest, trustworthy support and homecare
- Listening - we listen & respect your needs
- Safety - working safely to provide the best care
- Effective and Responsive
In supporting our aims, we commit ourselves to the following objectives:
- To listen to what you want; to respect your choices in a way that gives you as much control as possible when arranging care and support services.
- To understand your diverse needs, to be sensitive to your needs, wishes and beliefs in providing care and support from trained Care and Support Worker, enabling individuals to maintain their dignity at all times.
- To work with individuals, families, advocates and other health care professionals if applicable, enabling communication and progress through the correct channels.
- To encourage you to exercise your rights to personal choice and individual expression including religious and cultural beliefs.
- To provide continuity of care and support which is tailored to individual needs and valued by those who use our services.
- To assist you to maintain and enjoy the benefits of the community and specialist services that may be available to them.
- All First Choice Home Care branches across Norfolk and Suffolk are accredited with Suffolk County Council in Regulated Service
- Norfolk County Council Framework accreditaion.
- Six Steps to Success in The North West End of Life Care Programme for Domiciliary Care: Halesworth Branch
- First Choice Home Care is regulated and endorsed by The Care Quality Commission the UK’s independent regulator of all health and social care services.
Very much appreciate First Choice Home Care's responsive efficiency in making arrangements and then delivering care. Attitude of carers is just right in dealing with both my mother and fathers needs. Overall excellent "Can Do" approach. THANK YOU
The Carers are fantastic and help me with my daily routines, Thank you
First Choice Home Care provides the 24 hour support we need, Excellent service!